Mar 26, 2012
Most of us would undergo job interviews at some times in our lives and of course, it is important to learn how to succeed in your job interviews to get the job you really want. Usually, you are only given once chance on getting that job you want and grabbing hat chance means doing your best in your job interview.
For a job interview guide that will help you go through the interview impressive, here are a few tips and suggestions that you might find useful to be able to ace that interview.
- Know about the company you are applying for. Some interviewers may ask you where you have learned about the company but even if you won’t be asked, it is impressive for employers to have someone who is interested to apply to the company and who actually knows about what the company does. First on your job interview guide is to research and make sure you are talking about the right company.
- Make sure you are presentable during your interview. Dress appropriately. If you are applying for a corporate job, then you might be expected to be in your business attire. Keep yourself clean, neat and make sure you reflect good grooming. Of course, your appearance matters as well and not just your records.
- Even if you haven’t had a good experience with your past employers, do not criticize them during the interview. Of course, you must not forget to keep in mind that you are talking to a future employer too.
- Highlight your strengths, skills and abilities that are relevant to the company or the job you are applying for. You don’t have to lie about your accomplishments though. Most employers these days perform a background check on potential employees and aside from tainting your record, you will never get away with it. Learn to emphasize your past work experience and abilities that are fit for the job you are applying so that the employer can immediately see how you can be a match to what they are looking for.
- Build that self-confidence. To help you get that butterflies off your stomach when you go for the interview, one very important thing you can do is to prepare. Practice with some commonly asked questions during interviews, or practice in front of the mirror. When you go for the interview, make sure you bring with you everything you will need. Take a deep breath before walking into the interviewer’s room and wear a smile on your face.
- These days, job interviews often include questions on salary expectations and you should also be prepared for that. Prepare yourself for possible negotiations on salary and benefits but also keep in mind that applying for a job is not all about the salary. Be careful not to focus only on the pay and benefits.
- Be watchful with tricky questions that are commonly asked during interviews such as questions on your weaknesses or why you left your previous employer. You don’t have to make up stories but you can answer it in such a way that you are not putting down your previous employer. In the case of having to tell him your weakness, find a weakness that is not most likely applicable to the type of job you are applying for or find a weakness that is, in a way, can be considered a strength.
Be guided with this simple job interview guide to get that job you want. Research more so you can help yourself ace that interview and get that dream job you have been wanting.