Dec 11, 2011
A job application letter is an effective tool to provide additional details of your career history, experience, skills, achievements and awards in the field related to the job for which you have applied. These letters are also known as the cover letters that make your resume more impressive than other several common resumes.
Most of the applicants are not serious about the application letters while applying for a job. They use same format for the different jobs in different companies. This ignorance to update and modify the application letter makes wrong impression on the employer. In this case, candidates need to follow some tips that are helpful while writing their letters. These tips include:
* Before sending a job application letter, you must study the company in which you are going to apply for job. This will help you to make an impression on the employer that how well you understand the company and how you can contribute to the growth of Company.
* Generally, the business letters are typed, but some employers want the cover letters to be handwritten. Some of the companies prefer theses letters in the form of e-mails. Hence, the format of your job application letter depends upon the employers’ choice.
* An introductory paragraph should be effective, and it should include from which reference you are applying, how you came to know about this job and what do you think about the desired job.
* You must be careful about not mentioning your personal details in application letter. Gender and religion information should not be given unless the employer requires it. Sometimes if these details creates wrong impression on the hiring managers. Hence, you must confirm this aspect before sending the job application letter
* The closing paragraph is an opportunity to ask an employer for an interview. You can ask the hiring manager that you would like to meet in-person to discuss your experience and qualifications.
Finally, you need to proofread and review your job application letter after you have completed. Proofread is very important to remove the grammar and spelling mistakes in your letter. An effective job letter with clear and specific details will create positive impression on the hiring manager.